Pages

Monday 3 January 2011

New Year

It's been ages since I've blogged. Many reasons, but the main one is that I've been just so busy and trying to keep up with study, work, family etc etc. My challenges are no greater than anyone else's, but the blogging had to give and whilst there is still a lot I have to say, much can't be said in the public domain and so have been reserved for family and close friends only.

And so here I am. Exactly 6 months away from ordination. 3rd July 2011. Winchester Cathedral. 10.00am. In my own personal journey I've waited many years for this time to come. Huge ups and downs to bring me to this point in time. And right now, there is a mix of emotions; in one sense wanting the time to come as soon as possible and in the other for it not to come. I'm trying not to look back too much at 2010 as there seemed to have been so much crammed into it, yet at the same time it seemed to fly by.

In all of this, I have learnt so much and will, no doubt, continue to do so. I don't really 'do' New Years resolutions, but I am going to try to pray more and find more time for God in the busy-ness of my days. My emotions are out there; I hold back less these days and so suspect the next 6 months will be even more of an emotional rollercoaster. Through this all, both now and in the past and in the future, I hang on to the oh so simple words of Julian of Norwich; 'All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well'.



Although I will say that throughout the last year I've been sustained and kept sane by family and close friends and I thank and praise God for them - you know who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment