Pages

Saturday 1 May 2010

Prayer



I've been using MSN Messenger to 'chat' with a good friend of mine. We were chatting away the other night, it was getting late and I was feeling tired after a long day in placement. My Placement Supervisor and I had said evening prayer, but I was actually, before turning in,wanting to pray. I wasn't sure about asking or how it would work but I asked...'shall we close the day with prayer'.....would it work via MSN?

We set some very basic groundrules.....that, for example, we wouldn't worry about spelling mistakes or bothering to correct them and just go with the flow. I chose some appropriate background music:



What came was a wonderful flowing of spontaneous prayer. Prayer for the day, our situations, families. I felt that it was a wonderful end to a busy day; also a new way of prayer. Prayer with someone else but on my own, in my own space, sharing that space in prayer. Simple, short, prayer, with music gently playing in the background.

I guess this is what would be called a 'Fresh Expression'? (not a big fan of the term myself - will blog on it one day)..........

It's something that was an important part of the day and I hope to be able to pray like this again. It's to be recommended.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. I guess it's not so much a Fresh Expression of Church as it is a fresh expression of prayer.

    ReplyDelete